The Sustainability and Environmental Policy is a document signed by the MCLB Barstow Commanding Officer (CO) that states MCLB Barstow’s commitment to environmental excellence and sensible use of resources.
Essentially, the Sustainability and Environmental Policy says we shall:
- Commit to Environmental Compliance and Protection
- Prevent Pollution
- Use Environmentally Friendly Products
- Reduce Energy, Fuel, and Water Consumption
- Protect Natural and Cultural Resources
- Continuous Improvement
Success Depends on Everyone
A successful EMS requires everyone’s participation. With our involvement we can improve environmental performance and enhance the MCLB Barstow mission, ensuring resources are available well into the future.
Environmental Management is Everyone’s Responsibility
All MCLB Barstow personnel must:
Significant Aspects Aboard MCLB Barstow
- Learn about any possible environmental impacts that may be related to our duties.
- By improving our job performance, our impacts on the environment can be minimized.
- Know our roles and responsibilities, including our role in emergency preparedness and response.
- Understand that there are possible consequences of not following procedures; consequences that can cause environmental problems for us and/or our community.
- What can I do to minimize my impacts to the environment?
- Hazardous Waste Generation
- Hazardous Materials Use
- Air Emissions
Significant Practices Aboard MCLB Barstow
MCLB Barstow Environmental Objectives
- Hazardous Waste Satellite Accumulation Area
- Painting Operations
- Fuel Management/Storage Tanks
- Reduce risk of environmental regulatory noncompliance
- Reduce energy intensity/use
- Reduce water consumption
- Maintain solid waste diversion rate