To minimize or avoid a delay in housing assignment upon arrival, military personnel with accompanying family members should contact the Housing Office as soon as they become aware of their duty station change. Notification and/or applications may be submitted via the following:
Phone (760) 577-6707
DSN Phone 282 plus one of the following ext. 6707, 6872 or 5810
Fax: (760) 577-6071
DSN Fax: 282-6071
Be sure to:
- State any special needs, such as handicap ramp, in the remarks column.
- Specify any married dependents (i.e., parents) since they will occupy the same bedroom.
- Include your spouse's birth date even though that block is shaded on the application.
- Include work, home, cell and vacation phone numbers.
- State date housing is needed.
Application for assignment to Housing
Two common pets are allowed. Potentially dangerous dogs, such as Pit Bulls, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Rottweiler's, are not allowed aboard the installation. Please see housing office for official list.
Although base housing is not mandatory, Marines must contact the MCLB command before securing off-base housing. Once cleared through the command, Marines are advised to contact the Fort Irwin Housing Referral Office at (760) 380-3576 or DSN: 470-3576, or visit the Automated Housing Referral Network at http://www.ahrn.com, for a listing of suitable houses in town.
The Housing Office is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.