Checking In

Reporting In
Arrival and check-in requirements need to be coordinated with your sponsor (if assigned), or the  S-1 Manpower Department at (760) 577-6375/6308/6176. Your check-in process will begin at the S-1 Manpower Department located in Building 15 (end of North Wing). Your check-in sheet, along with your sponsor, will guide you through the process.

Reporting After Hours
After 16:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends and holidays, personnel should report to the base duty officer at (760) 559-7193 to receive specific instructions. You will be required to check-in at 0800 with the S-1 Manpower Department the next business day.


Additional Information

All permanent personnel reporting to MCLB Barstow are authorized commuted rations (COMRATS). All single E5 and below personnel will be assigned a room in the barracks. Married personnel or personnel E6 and above are authorized temporary lodging expense for up to 10 days. A statement of non-availability can be obtained by contacting (760) 577-6418.




To minimize or avoid a delay in housing assignment upon arrival, military personnel with accompanying family members should contact the Housing Office as soon as they become aware of their duty station change. Notification and/or applications may be submitted via the following:
Phone (760) 577-6707
DSN Phone 282 plus one of the following ext. 6707, 6872 or 5810
Fax: (760) 577-6071
DSN Fax: 282-6071

Be sure to:

  • State any special needs, such as handicap ramp, in the remarks column.
  • Specify any married dependents (i.e., parents) since they will occupy the same bedroom.
  • Include your spouse's birth date even though that block is shaded on the application.
  • Include work, home, cell and vacation phone numbers.
  • State date housing is needed.

Application for assignment to Housing

Two common pets are allowed. Potentially dangerous dogs, such as Pit Bulls and Rottweiler's, are not allowed aboard the installation. Please see housing office for official list.

Although base housing is not mandatory, Marines must contact the MCLB command before securing off-base housing. Once cleared through the command, Marines are advised to contact the Fort Irwin Housing Referral Office at (760) 380-3576 or DSN: 470-3576/3577, or visit the Automated Housing Referral Network at   for a listing of suitable houses in town.

The Housing Office is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.



Relocation Assistance

The Relocation Assistance Office is located in Building 126. Personnel there can help you prepare for your move to a new duty station, help you find that "perfect" place to settle after military service, and provide incoming personnel with information on the Barstow or High Desert area.

You to look up your next duty station and download/print out information about schools, housing costs, employment and things to do in the area at

Call (760) 577-6675 or DSN 252-6675. PCSing soon? Schedule a PCS Workshop and make a Check-out appointment.





Billeting and Lodging
The Oasis Temporary Lodging Facility offers short-term housing accommodations for military members, their families and guests. For lodging availability and 24-hour message service, call (760) 577-6418. The TLF office is located in Building 185, Room "A" and is open seven days a week, 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.