Public education is provided by the Barstow Unified School District which has thirteen elementary schools, nine private schools and a community college (Barstow College).

Barstow College offers educational opportunities from transfer level courses leading to an advanced degree, to community service classes (or workshops) designed for continuing education, vocational enhancement, avocation or personal development pursuits. The Barstow College campus is located on Barstow Road overlooking the city, the Mojave River, and the Calico Mountains. The campus is an attractive green oasis in the desert with a variety of palm, cypress, oak and olive trees that form an ideal setting for student learning. Some facilities available on the campus are a large gymnasium (James R. Parks), a childcare facility (Child Care America), a comfortable meeting hall (the Norman Smith Center) and a state-of-the-art fitness center.

Contact a campus counselor to see how you can take advantage of the various services offered, take required assessment tests, attend a new student orientation, and obtain all information necessary for registration. Call (760) 252-2411 or visit their website at





The School Liaison Program provides the following services:

  1. Addressing issues with youth registration in the local school system.
  2. Coordinating education transition related resources and points of contacts within school and community.
  3. Collaborating with parents to ensure academic success.
  4. Educating parents on the local school system policies, procedures, programs, and schedules.
  5. Supplying resource materials on primary, secondary, and post-secondary education.

For assistance please call Adam Diaz at 760.577.5854. 

Click here to view the new Interstate Compact Flyer.